The Best Hot Cross Bun Mocktail
Easter is a time of yummy treats but the best yummy treat at this time of the year has to be Hot Cross Buns. The soft, fluffy buns filled with spices and fruit are definitely the highlight of Easter. We've created a mocktail that uses all the things you love about a hot cross bun in a creamy, indulgent drink- without the booze!
Our Hot Cross Bun Mocktail would be an absolute winner at any Easter brunch or party. You will definitely be impressed by how much flavour is packed into this delicious mocktail. We've used two of our favourite non-alcoholic drinks to help create the fragrance and depth in this drink.
Monday Distillery Exotic Spice G&T has a fragrant mix of gin botanicals like juniper berry, lemon and quinine and infused with a delicious warming spiced blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Lyre's Dark Cane Spirit has a complex dark caramel flavour with notes of toasted nuts, fudge and fig with lingering finish of maple and vanilla.
The Best Hot Cross Bun Mocktail Recipe
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp white sugar
1 cup of mixed dried fruit
50ml Monday Distillery Exotic Spice G&T
30ml Lyre's Dark Cane Spirit
Cinnamon and a mini Easter egg to garnish
1. Add water and sugar to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Stir until the sugar has disolved.
3. Add the dried fruit and set aside for 30 minutes
4. In a cocktail shaker, add your Monday Distillery Exotic Spice G&T, Lyre's Dark Cane Spirit and cream
5. Strain your fruit syrup and add the liquid to the cocktail shaker.
6. Shake shake shake and pour into a cocktail glass.
7. Use a cardboard cross template over your glass and sprinkle with cinnamon. Remove the template to reveal a cross. Garnish with a mini Easter egg.